MultiMart

Game Panels

Michael B

During the last weeks till the current moment I experienced hosting on a Linux OS based VPS. I wanted to get rid of all the command lines so to make my administrative task easier, I installed a game panel on it, along with Apache Server and other requirements. The game panel mentioned is Game Panel X, a well known software around the CS and SA-MP communities.

However, I encountered more issues with it. At first, there were some errors with displaying it on the internet. Then, it was lacking of TeamSpeak facilities, which have to be installed manually and doesn't support query. Finally, the FTP wasn't working (I guess because of my VPS, so I don't blame the software for this) and I decided to seek for another software, as the Game Panel X community went down in the lately, and the support section from forums is haunted by ghosts only.

Now I would like to ask you what Panel I should use. I am looking for a software easy to handle which can support multiple games and voice servers.

So far a friend of mine advised me to use Swift Panel. I went to their website, and nothing. The page didn't even load, so I assume that the project has been abandoned.

Do you have any other suggestions?

• Avovix Management

I'd say use something on the paid side, granted something like TCAdmin isn't that expensive depending on what you want to do with it. If you don't want to go the route of paying monthly for a license and setting up TCAdmin yourself there are a few authorized sellers that will give you either Dedicated or VPS boxes all ready to go.

http://www.tcadmin.com/dedicated.php

• Avovix Management

Actually, I would rather use an open source software.

I found Bright Game Panel as the best option.

Did anyone use it until now?

I wouldn't use BGP, its a massive pile of shit; I've used it in the past for testing and frankly it shouldn't have even been made... I'll have to dig up some old panels I used and see if they've been updated recently but I'd stay away from BGP.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...