MultiMart

Please be aware that our theme is in early development but usable (Theme > Multimart) at the bottom of the page. 

Sign in to follow this  
kingdon

[Suggestion] Avatar

kingdon    0

150x150 capability:A more flexible avatar, something like LS-RP's (avatars), transparency, square images with no outline, etc.

Husky    8

I believe the current avatar system suits the theme, and believe there isn't any need for change.

Unless the MultiMart community disagree with my comment, little will be done. Thank you for your suggestion! Much appreciated. :)

$hustle    8

Good suggestion but I agree with @Husky and I like the outline the forum theme uses.

TheOnlyDroid    54

An increased avatar size wouldn't be beneficial to the community at-all, there really isn't a need for anything larger than we currently allow; If anything it just increases the amount of space that Avatar's would be taking up on our server that frankly serve little to no purpose at-all, yeah don't get me wrong its nice to have a personal avatar but in the long-run it won't actually do much to benefit you or the people who communicate with you... The main issue I have with increasing the avatar size is the amount of storage it would actually take up in the long run however in the short term it wouldn't be as much of an issue as I could sort that out by creating a plugin that removes avatars from accounts that are inactive or those of them that have been banned...

But I personally think that current size is large enough... At the time of writing this reply I'm having no issue viewing them on my 1440p (2560x1440) monitor and frankly see not reason why we should change this; However your input is appreciated and I'll look into a solution to decrease the uploaded file size with some sort of compression that'll hopefully not loose any of the pixel data (or too much) to allow you (as the community) to have larger sizes but also keep our resources as low as possible (without trying to sound like a dick)..

Best Regards,

Austin (TheOnlyDroid)

kingdon    0

Well it doesn't have to necessary be 150x150, but at least create a option for those who would like to remove the auto-outline of the image, and for those who would like to use transparency. Not everyone has to use it...