MultiMart

Please be aware that our theme is in early development but usable (Theme > Multimart) at the bottom of the page. 

Sign in to follow this  
MultiMartUser

Future or just a trend

I was wondering this the other day, along with today when someone asked me if they wanted to start a GTA 5 Network roleplay server with me. I told them, because I'm mostly busy nowadays, that I don't think it's really going to hit it off even though I'd love to work with the programming language that I adore above all, C#.

So my wonder is, do you guys think that GTA 5 Network will actually become something big or is it just one of those Mafia II attempts where they just eventually fail (at least I think Mafia II online isn't too big). I believe one problem could be the fact that SA-MP or MTA doesn't require too much computer power. It's a game from 2004, a great one in fact and probably back then it was a reall good looking game design-wise, and therefore it doesn't really require much so that attracts more or less everyone. SA-MP and MTA still has the population, knowing this from experience: population > design + functionality.

Looking from a statistic point of view on for instance Mafia II (if this is the correct link) they aren't doing too well right now: http://mafia2-online.com/masterlist Some could of course validly argue that SA-MP/MTA has the Rockstar franchise behind their back and let's not think otherwise but it also leads to the question whether GTA Network will become the same. Here's the list for GTA network: https://stats.gtanet.work/ As of right now, Russians right? Always gotta' be first lol. But from right now when writing this topic, the Five-RP (which is English I assume) has 33 players and Ecplise Roleplay (also assuming English) has 34. This is of course a doable population by all means but will it hold up to make GTA Network something big?

I personally haven't played GTA Network but I would love to try, I can imagine there are a lot of more options there but at the same time I think SA-MP and mainly MTA has most of them already, just in less designish way. So what do you think, will it become something big or just a trend right now and it will go down?

• Like 1

Husky    8

At least there is one topic in the GTA5 section. :)

Nevertheless, I'm kind of wary wherever to create a server or not. I wouldn't mind doing it although I don't know wherever if it is worth the time and effort.

$hustle    8

I think GTA V will be a thing, but I don't think GTA:Network will be. People can say "look back at how IV:MP went" but this time it's different. There is a real demand for it this time around whereas back in 2010~ SAMP was fine.

I also don't think the system requirements are going to be a problem this time around. For a start GTA IV was a poorly optimised game for PC, very CPU intensive and even good computers at the time couldn't handle it. Secondly computers are better and more powerful today compared to 5+ years ago. I've heard about people running GTA V on their shitty old laptops on low settings. I think most people in the SAMP community will be able to run it on some level, and many of the people who can't will probably be tempted to upgrade their computer so they can. What does it take to give an average desktop the ability to run this game? Probably $100 or less on a graphics card and new power supply.

But going back to the status of a good modification, it is probably going to be some time until one comes out.

What would be wrong with GTA Network? I'm trying to get some space on my ssd at the moment because I can't install GTA V so am eager to try it at least, but some friends of mine even had problems with installing and making the network-part work. Indeed it's real demand but I'd like to think that it's not going to be GTA V either way but rather GTA VI, if that is something that will exist, because too many players are still in SA-MP and I think that those are the players that will be the ones playing some kind of mod where mainly roleplay will be enabled. I enjoy seeing that people still keeps joining SA-MP though, no matter what age, especially the "younglings" that we once were :P. I see players that are 13-15 years old, which was when I started playing I think, so it's defintively not dying yet. But what my point is that I think it will start dying out once GTA VI comes out, if the environment is good.

And let's thank that Rockstar isn't EA, producing a new GTA game every 2 years lmao, which also plays a big role on "what is the next thing", mainly for us roleplayers.

STUTNiK    0

It seems it's gained it's own reputation so far, do I think it will ever be good as SAMP RP? Probably not, but why would I say that? Well, mainly because I grew up in the older age of RP.

EDIT: Lmao I got an alert that someone replied to this thread and I naturally responded to the last post (which is mine) without checking who wrote it haha. Please delete this post!

$hustle    8

Well since my last post GTA:N has completely turned around. I was convinced it was a bad mod at the beginning but its definitely very playable now. Twitch streamers are on there, with thousands of viewers.

You mean GT-MP surely? GTA:N hasn't had more than 20 players for a long time. I put up a troll server even and it was the most popular server for a day.

c4c4f0c1c2.png

A server called Eclipse Roleplay tried out GTA:N after GT-MP was created for one day but went straight back to GT-MP after being accused by GTA:N staff members that it was Eclipse RP's developers fault that the server was lagging (FPS), including calling them monkeys. This was not even taken out of context, the conversation is there on their discord lmao.

5844e7dd75.png

I think GTA:N will die off and whoever decides to stay even after a letter from Take-Two will arrive (if ever will). I'm mostly just enjoying that people are writing negative feedback about GTA IV and (mainly) GTA V on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590/Grand_Theft_Auto_V/

• Like 1

Zens    30

I just checked out a roleplay server on GTA V, and holy shit I am extremely disappointed.

1. The roleplay is shit. Now you can actually talk through a microphone, but NO-ONE fucking uses /me or /do anymore.

2. NPCs ramming everywhere, no point in even buying a vehicle when you can just steal one from an NPC.

3. Scripts are generally still shitty.

4. Again, the microphone thing is messing up roleplay. No time to even do /me or /do when 10 people scream at you.

5. Fuck this shit, I'll stick with SA-MP.

hqdefault.jpg

and yes I did rage quit

• Like 1

I agree that can be a very big change! I would recommend trying FiveRP then instead. I am not sure if it's true but I think its staff has to do with LS-RP's staff, but again not sure. That's the server on GT-MP that is considered heavy roleplay whilst Eclipse RP isn't considered heavy roleplay, at least they haven't stated it themselves as far as I understood. Worth a shot in my opinion, haven't tried it myself. Can't be arsed writing an application since I won't play there anyways.

$hustle    8

I just checked out a roleplay server on GTA V, and holy shit I am extremely disappointed.

1. The roleplay is shit. Now you can actually talk through a microphone, but NO-ONE fucking uses /me or /do anymore.

2. NPCs ramming everywhere, no point in even buying a vehicle when you can just steal one from an NPC.

3. Scripts are generally still shitty.

4. Again, the microphone thing is messing up roleplay. No time to even do /me or /do when 10 people scream at you.

5. Fuck this shit, I'll stick with SA-MP.

hqdefault.jpg

and yes I did rage quit

You've been playing the wrong server lol. How on earth did you end up on a voice one instead of FiveRP?

laughing-gif-1.gif?w=240