MultiMart

Please be aware we are currently sourcing funding for MULTIMART, please click here if you're interested... All donations will go toward MULTIMART and its progression.

Husky

SA-MP's cookie connection attack

I've been unable to find a solution on SA-MP forums. I understand it can be quite hard to migrate as IP's are being spoofed.

I'm just wondering whether or not anyone here has find a suitable solution? I believe this attack is targetting hosted tab servers.

Posted (edited)

Correct, they are attacking the hosted tab. If you click on a server you'll notice it pings quiet slowly.

There is no solution as we don't have access to the hosted tab code, if that makes sense.

Edited by koky

honestly, there's no perm fix to this until the sa-mp devs do something about it... i seen few people only try to limit the attack

Far as I'm aware, whoever is attacking, are using an outdated version list of the hosted tab. You boot up any new server, it will work perfectly fine. You boot up a server that used to be on the hosted tab list, you'll be flooded with cookie requests. This is from my expereince to say at the least.

Whilst Kalcor's update does help, it doesn't fully block the attack and I can understand why. But at least Kalcor has minimised the attack best as he could.

On 8/26/2017 at 11:33 AM, Husky said:

I've been unable to find a solution on SA-MP forums. I understand it can be quite hard to migrate as IP's are being spoofed.

I'm just wondering whether or not anyone here has find a suitable solution? I believe this attack is targetting hosted tab servers.

Once I added the thing that Kalcor released, the server wasn't been attacked anymore.