MultiMart
Sign in to follow this  
TheOnlyDroid

Community Update 21/02/19

MM_Logo_Post.png.fbab8c7b7253f44442b14889beeb81cc.png

It seems its been a little while since you've heard anything from us that's official and has only been posted in the discord server... I'd like to clear a few issues up in this Community Update; And while I do so we've got some information in regards to our Discord Integration and why it hasn't been available for a few weeks.

Earlier last year (2018) we adopted a zero tolerance policy in regards to "Off-Site Communication" more accurately the solicitation of such in public threads and any system's where communication between members takes place on our platform; Surprisingly not all of you have, are able to or bothered reading our Terms Of Service and Community Guidelines.. 

That being said, every time we update our Privacy Policy or Terms Of Service in any major way we require you to accept those changes and the document as a whole; Rewordings, Removals, Additions or Major Changes; This however does not apply to minor changes such as (but not limited to) fixing typo's, formatting of the document or adding further context to certain area's.. 

I would like to thank those who took the time to report old threads or new threads that were in breach of our Terms Of Service, Community Guidelines in this area or any area in the aforementioned documents; We have a large amount of threads from prior to the migration of our new Community Suite as such threads from up to four years ago may go amiss when we're moderating the site as a whole.

I'd also like to announce the following change that will be one of a Moderation/Administration perspective that will actively effect members of the community; We will no longer be issuing warnings for the solicitation of "Off-Site Communication" we'll be implementing a strike system, if you are found to be in breach of our terms the following will be issues.

• First Offence // 30 Day Suspension (Ban) // One Month
  • Second Offence //  365 Day Suspension (Ban) // One Year
  • Third Offence  // Permanent Suspension -- This will not be revoked
    • If you are found to be avoiding the ban all account will be banned and your Internet Providers "IP" range will also be black listed.

Moving over to Discord Integration, I chose to disable our system that allow your to link your discord account with your Multimart account; The main reason was stability and a few issues internally that weren't being caught for me to review when they happened to easily diagnose the specific area or code and issue a patch..

We also had issues that related to Discord directly; And being unable to access specific endpoints to assign roles or permissions to your account automatically, because everyone likes a little bit of magic... On the upside  I'm actively working on fixing these issues and I expect I'll be able to roll out a newest version by the end of March (If all goes well); This is due to being restricted in my testing capability and only having my own account and installation to test on and secondly the environment our sites run on differ to my local environment that may at times cause issues that only persist on the live site.

Not a point I should have to make and that's why it isn't in the top of the thread... We (Avovix/Multimart) expect you the member(s) to treat everyone with equal respect and shy away from squabbling like children, and this is what we've been seeing in the last few months; That being said, our Community Guidelines speak directly about this which you can read by clicking the link in my signature along with the Terms Of Service and Privacy Policy.

Thanks for taking the time to ready these changes and get upto speed, we'll hopefully have more updates out on a regular basis (Once a month hopefully) that you can read and give feedback on.. Maybe @Husky will find the time to write one up too instead of just me.