Sign in to follow this  
Taariq

Scammers on the rise

In this topic as a native and an old member of this community I will be talking about the classic scammers which are pretty much active on this site nowadays and I will discuss about their filthy moves and ways of scamming users. 

I will be using this example below:

My message to the scammer and to the victim of the scam is next:

^ You should've thought before you decided to purchase anything from this guy, this guy is a classic filthy scammer and a money duper, remember that they always get caught, if not now then later for sure, I suggest you to open a dispute or call PayPal and see what you can do, or fill a Community Complaint. My advice for everyone (especially for the newbies on this community) is: Always use a middleman and DO NOT buy from people such as this guy, if you see that they're selling their assets for low amount of cash or that they're new to the site and have no reputation at all, then you can see that they're for sure hiding something from you, as you can see, the seller wrote that his transfers are "stealth" which is not true, and therefore that's a reason why he is a liar and a scammer. Again, please do not buy from this kind of people, you will end up getting banned over such a dumb move with interacting and dealing with such a retarded guy which is money duping and scamming people over here. 

It's not hard to spot a scammer, but new community members don't understand a few things so I think this is a great topic to show them what's what.

First things first, everyone selling millions at the moment are using money dupe methods, is that a bad thing? Well, it depends. 

If the player selling the money is unprofessional he'll get everyone involved in the deal banned, why? Because there are precautions you must take before handing someone millions and millions of dollars in-game. If the player selling money doesn't follow those simple steps to not get caught then it's a ticket straight to the ban section for both the seller and the buyer.

Everyone is trying to buy guns nowadays but I'll have to be honest, NOBODY TRUSTABLE IS SELLING GUNS AT THE MOMENT, matter of fact, nobody is selling guns at all. Why? Because people used to get those guns through dupe methods as well, those methods got fixed and now there's no way to do it.

DO NOT trust that new guy with a whole arsenal at your disposal.

As far as buying accounts, the only good way to do it is with a middleman, there are a lot of new members on the community trying to sell their accounts but I've seen a few reports where people got scammed. Make sure that the middleman logs in the account and checks if everything's as it should be.

Selling gun dupe method message me back

3 hours ago, That said:

Selling gun dupe method message me back

How is this relevant to the topic? I should warn you for spamming.

--

I wouldn't trust any new users selling items. There seems to be a theme of ban evaders registering and scamming people. Ideally, a middleman should be used. I am thinking of placing topic posting restrictions on the Virtual Items board (i.e- You need 3 posts before you can create your own topic).

8 hours ago, Husky said:

How is this relevant to the topic? I should warn you for spamming.

--

I wouldn't trust any new users selling items. There seems to be a theme of ban evaders registering and scamming people. Ideally, a middleman should be used. I am thinking of placing topic posting restrictions on the Virtual Items board (i.e- You need 3 posts before you can create your own topic).

Sorry for jumping on the post like this, you should put a system in place where potential sellers can prove to a member of staff they actually are selling the things they claim

@Gangshit890 That is actually a pretty nice suggestion, but it would consume a lot of time from the Multimart's staff,  I don't know how big the staff is but I would love to see this implemented.

Its a forum and none of our staff members are paid to run it. It would be too time-consuming. Users should use their best judgement when buying items. There is always the option of a middleman service, where we do these checks.

We make more of a loss running MultiMart than we get from Middleman fees and the very few donations/payments we recieve. If there was more of an income, we would be able to develop new systems to deal with verifying goods etc.

4 hours ago, Husky said:

Its a forum and none of our staff members are paid to run it. It would be too time-consuming. Users should use their best judgement when buying items. There is always the option of a middleman service, where we do these checks.

We make more of a loss running MultiMart than we get from Middleman fees and the very few donations/payments we recieve. If there was more of an income, we would be able to develop new systems to deal with verifying goods etc.

How much money would you need to implement a service that auto-releases the payment when the items were received, and the seller/buyer both had the transaction completed? I wouldn't have a problem donating if it's beneficial for everyone.

5 hours ago, Verbal said:

How much money would you need to implement a service that auto-releases the payment when the items were received, and the seller/buyer both had the transaction completed? I wouldn't have a problem donating if it's beneficial for everyone.

I'll have to get in touch with TheOnlyDroid as he does the maintenance and updates around the site. I believe this might be able to be done with IP.Pages, this costs $100 alone (plus an additional $15/per 6 months to renew). I'm not sure if Droid wanted a professional to design the system. I'll get back to you soon regarding this.

4 minutes ago, Husky said:

I'll have to get in touch with TheOnlyDroid as he does the maintenance and updates around the site. I believe this might be able to be done with IP.Pages, this costs $100 alone (plus an additional $15/per 6 months to renew). I'm not sure if Droid wanted a professional to design the system. I'll get back to you soon regarding this.

@Verbal - To implement a system like this we’d need to develop an in-house solution, I’ve been working on a design and general plan for this type of feature for the last couple months and plotting out what kind of systems and implementations we’d actually need to support a large scale transaction system... Or at least holding system of course we’d also have to calculate costs based on a moving scale that’s based on the transaction amount..

Due to how IP.Pages functions there’s very little we can actually do to ensure that all information is encrypted and only held on our servers for a short period of time or for a period of time where the transaction is actually placed on hold, as such I have been reaching out to more experienced developers who worked on the forum suite were using for a longer period of time...

But due to the nature of the kind of system we’re already looking into it’s been a long process of back and fourth between developers who have the time to discuss our options to provide a product that functions correctly and also the availability of long term support of the product with all rights remaining in the hands of myself, multi mart or Avovix... We only directly support PayPal transactions and don’t intend to support credit card transactions mainly due to having to step out of the PayPal scene to process those transactions with an additional free. 

Getting an in-house developer on board besides myself that knows IPS more in depth than I do or as planned hiring someone to do the work and then support the product after completion will cost a fair bit more than an already developed and supported product by the suites development team that has documentation... So to give you a rough estimate we’re looking closer to £500 or more depending on who accepts the project...

@Husky is indeed correct in saying that IP.Pages would bring a lot more flexibility to the site and some mo3re features, we did intend to bring a  Updates list, coming soon page and suggestions pages all embedded on the IP.Pages framework to better display information in a fluid and responsive format without having to change much and being able to use it like any forum post, private message or status... Without me having to do the bulky backend framework and maintenance which in itself would’ve taken hours compared to minutes with IP.Pages.

I apologise for the long response however just stating a rough estimate e without any reasoning or validation seems rather redundant to me.  

1 hour ago, TheOnlyDroid said:

@Verbal - To implement a system like this we’d need to develop an in-house solution, I’ve been working on a design and general plan for this type of feature for the last couple months and plotting out what kind of systems and implementations we’d actually need to support a large scale transaction system... Or at least holding system of course we’d also have to calculate costs based on a moving scale that’s based on the transaction amount..

Due to how IP.Pages functions there’s very little we can actually do to ensure that all information is encrypted and only held on our servers for a short period of time or for a period of time where the transaction is actually placed on hold, as such I have been reaching out to more experienced developers who worked on the forum suite were using for a longer period of time...

But due to the nature of the kind of system we’re already looking into it’s been a long process of back and fourth between developers who have the time to discuss our options to provide a product that functions correctly and also the availability of long term support of the product with all rights remaining in the hands of myself, multi mart or Avovix... We only directly support PayPal transactions and don’t intend to support credit card transactions mainly due to having to step out of the PayPal scene to process those transactions with an additional free. 

Getting an in-house developer on board besides myself that knows IPS more in depth than I do or as planned hiring someone to do the work and then support the product after completion will cost a fair bit more than an already developed and supported product by the suites development team that has documentation... So to give you a rough estimate we’re looking closer to £500 or more depending on who accepts the project...

@Husky is indeed correct in saying that IP.Pages would bring a lot more flexibility to the site and some mo3re features, we did intend to bring a  Updates list, coming soon page and suggestions pages all embedded on the IP.Pages framework to better display information in a fluid and responsive format without having to change much and being able to use it like any forum post, private message or status... Without me having to do the bulky backend framework and maintenance which in itself would’ve taken hours compared to minutes with IP.Pages.

I apologise for the long response however just stating a rough estimate e without any reasoning or validation seems rather redundant to me.  

I'd happily try to fund the movement, put some money behind it to see if you guys could so something to resolve the scamming bullshit that's tanting this community, severely recently. I honestly think, having more moderators and other sort of administration would diminish the scammers/scams.

I would contribute with some money as well. 

Not only that, I think that a great suggestion would be charging a bit off those guys trying to sell their products on Multimart. Just a dollar or two to contribute with the monthly fee that you guys will have to pay, if the dude is legit he'll definitely pay, I know for a fact I would.

6 hours ago, Verbal said:

I'd happily try to fund the movement, put some money behind it to see if you guys could so something to resolve the scamming bullshit that's tanting this community, severely recently. I honestly think, having more moderators and other sort of administration would diminish the scammers/scams.

6 hours ago, Elegante said:

I would contribute with some money as well. 

Not only that, I think that a great suggestion would be charging a bit off those guys trying to sell their products on Multimart. Just a dollar or two to contribute with the monthly fee that you guys will have to pay, if the dude is legit he'll definitely pay, I know for a fact I would.

I'm currently on a break from doing maintenance work on Multimart to be able to focus entirely on my client base; After the most recent series of patches there were a few things that broke on the site which took me a little too long to fix... As for complimentary systems to go along side the Transaction System pre or post release, we've looked into this and even developed our own verification system that is no longer in use due to some issue with GDPR Compliance.

We're continually trying to improve Multimart, its systems and more; I do agree with bringing on more moderators however that is also a time intensive process as we don't just add people and say here's what you do; There's an entire paper trial to sign including NDA's and agreements.

On 10/25/2019 at 4:08 PM, Elegante said:

It's not hard to spot a scammer, but new community members don't understand a few things so I think this is a great topic to show them what's what.

First things first, everyone selling millions at the moment are using money dupe methods, is that a bad thing? Well, it depends. 

If the player selling the money is unprofessional he'll get everyone involved in the deal banned, why? Because there are precautions you must take before handing someone millions and millions of dollars in-game. If the player selling money doesn't follow those simple steps to not get caught then it's a ticket straight to the ban section for both the seller and the buyer.

Everyone is trying to buy guns nowadays but I'll have to be honest, NOBODY TRUSTABLE IS SELLING GUNS AT THE MOMENT, matter of fact, nobody is selling guns at all. Why? Because people used to get those guns through dupe methods as well, those methods got fixed and now there's no way to do it.

DO NOT trust that new guy with a whole arsenal at your disposal.

As far as buying accounts, the only good way to do it is with a middleman, there are a lot of new members on the community trying to sell their accounts but I've seen a few reports where people got scammed. Make sure that the middleman logs in the account and checks if everything's as it should be.

What if you buy an account and months later the person decides to make a ticket on lsrp saying they got hacked or whatever or sold their account? Will u get banned?

18 minutes ago, Belcalis said:

What if you buy an account and months later the person decides to make a ticket on lsrp saying they got hacked or whatever or sold their account? Will u get banned?

Depends on the evidence and the admin looking into the matter. If you're not willing to take that chance then don't buy an account, create one of your own, legally. 😮 

4 hours ago, Belcalis said:

Honestly? LSRP's staff couldn't give two fucks about it, if you have all the information needed to change e-mail/password the chances of getting banned because some random dude said that he got hacked is close to 0, of course, there are always risks but I wouldn't recommend you buying from some random dude. Solid people will never scam someone over $15-30 specially if they're from the US because that barely pays what I eat for breakfest.

1 hour ago, Elegante said:

$15-30 specially if they're from the US because that barely pays what I eat for breakfest.

I only eat a bowl of cereal, which probably costs like 50p including the milk etc. What do you Americans eat? Buffets?

Well, I'm originally from Brazil so my culture is completely different but I don't eat breakfest in Vegas that costs less than 20 dollars per head, mostly because the food sucks.

Americans have the heaviest breakfest I know, it's their biggest meal of the day and certain places will cost you something around $40 to eat good. Filled with meat, eggs and a bunch of other stuff.

Sorry for going off topic btw.

If someone says that their method/account/whatever is 100% safe they're nothing but delusional, taking risk is a part of the process.

In regards, there's many automated shop services on the web, so just look for it, no need for in-house.

Edited by HYDRNT

5 hours ago, Elegante said:

Well, I'm originally from Brazil so my culture is completely different but I don't eat breakfest in Vegas that costs less than 20 dollars per head, mostly because the food sucks.

Americans have the heaviest breakfest I know, it's their biggest meal of the day and certain places will cost you something around $40 to eat good. Filled with meat, eggs and a bunch of other stuff.

Sorry for going off topic btw.

All I can think of is an English breakfast, and I struggle eating that when I make it or bother waking up early to go to a resturant. You should definitely make a topic about breakfasts. I'm definitely interested.

5 hours ago, HYDRNT said:

If someone says that their method/account/whatever is 100% safe they're nothing but delusional, taking risk is a part of the process.

In regards, there's many automated shop services on the web, so just look for it, no need for in-house.

TheOnlyDroid maintains and develops the website. I'm sure he would've looked into this solution. Perhaps these other mods don't tailor to MultiMarts needs and add a lot of clutter.